The motivation behind every stage of our research, development and production process comes from the wish to create exclusive products with exceptional sound quality and longevity, which ignite passion in the user and reflect the true spirit of Stellavox while embracing the technologies of today.
Stellavox was founded in 1955 by Georges Quellet, a genius inventor, engineer and photographer. He was continually searching for the ultimate in quality, whatever it might take to achieve. The products he created remain unmatched after many decades.
During the past five years of project planning, a clear Stellavox philosophy has emerged, along with a detailed strategy. Our philosophy is pretty much in keeping with Georges Quellet’s way of thinking, but there are some additional points that I’d like to share with you:
- Stellavox develops and manufactures products in the analog audio domain. These are primarily designed for recording and reproducing music and speech. Our team members have many years of experience and excellent knowledge of audio electronics and precision mechanics.
- The electronic architecture of Stellavox products follows a strict one-to-one philosophy involving the renunciation of negative feedback, the implementation of fully balanced circuitry, pure DC amplifiers without capacitors in the signal path, high voltage for extended headroom and a discrete concept without integrated circuits. The strategy has not previously been used with a studio mixing console. It reflects our experience and our belief, following numerous listening tests, that only an ultra-fast, high resolution signal treatment can truly open the way for musical expression and the engineer’s design possibilities.
- We have an “in-house made” philosophy. A large proportion of our required components are produced using our extensive machine park in Mendrisio, Switzerland. This concept was the “norm” with Stellavox from the start. While not generally as common today, it still allows us to have production flexibility, fast prototyping with minimal waiting times and it guarantees a constant level of quality control.
- Stellavox SA is characterized by a flat and direction-oriented business structure where the customer and the service are at the forefront. All customers can communicate directly with development engineers to receive the best possible information about our products, or to clarify technical queries.
- Stellavox has always been and always will be a “Swiss Made” brand. Switzerland offers excellence in precision mechanics, a highly specialized electronics industry and a business-friendly environment – all of which are destined to become key factors in the next chapter of the Stellavox company history.
To sum up: The motivation behind every stage of our research, development and production process comes from the wish to create exclusive products with exceptional sound quality and longevity, which ignite passion in the user and reflect the true spirit of Stellavox while embracing the technologies of today. Stephan Schertler, Head of R&D, October 2023